Student loans help pay for a lot of the costs in attending college. That said, unlike scholarships and grants, they’re not free money. You must repay it. To learn what you must know about any loans you take out, read the following interesting tips.
Congratulations! You have just been hired. You feel that you can breathe easily now that the grueling application and interview process is over. Now the next thing to do is to prove to the company that their best decision was to hire you. It is now your responsibility to show to them that you are the perfect person for the job you got accepted for. As a newly hired employee, expect that for the next few months you will be measured and evaluated from your attendance to your productivity to your behavior and once you have proven yourself worthy, you become regularized and your tenure lets you retain your job for as long as you want it. Still up for the task? If you are, here are some tips on how to keep your job once you get hired.
You just heard the greatest news! You have just been hired. You feel that you can breathe easily now that the grueling application and interview process is over. Now the next thing to do is to prove to the company that their best decision was to hire you. It is now your responsibility to show to them that you are the perfect person for the job you got accepted for.
As a newly hired employee, expect that for the next few months you will be measured and evaluated from your attendance to your productivity to your behavior and once you have proven yourself worthy, you become regularized and your tenure lets you retain your job for as long as you want it. Still up for the task? If you are, here are some tips on how to keep your job once you get hired.
The advertising industry is a hot and thriving industry.
Why do we say so? It is because the advertising world has provided a lot of career opportunities, growth and it has contributed to the world’s economy in such a significant way. If you want a career in this field, there are a lot of jobs to choose from. You can work as an editor, writer, salesman, artist, promotional specialist, marketer or maybe as a public relations specialist. The positions are almost endless. This is one of the pros of working in this industry- there are a lot of career options to choose from. And we have not even started yet.
Let’s face it. Your resume is the first thing that determines if you can proceed to the next step of a job application. If they say, it is all about how you talk during the interview or how well you “sell” yourself to get the job, you would not even proceed to do any of those things if the recruitment personnel sees that your resume did not live up to their expectations. So if you are looking to apply for the job of your dreams, better read this article before printing out that important document called the resume. Here are some tips to make your resume worth reading.
- Outline all noteworthy information. Resumes should always begin with either a summary or an objective. If you already have prior work experience, your resume should start with a summary, which contains an outline of who you are, what qualifications and skills you have that meets the position you are applying for. If you are a fresh graduate, place your objective instead of the summary. Your objective should clearly state what your exceptional traits are and how you can make a significant contribution to the company. A favorite question of the recruitment personnel is for you to tell something about yourself and this is where you will base your answers on.
- Confidence is the key. You should not only show how confident you are during your interview. Start showing confidence in your resume. How? By listing all significant and related achievements and contributions, of course. Why did I say significant and related? It is because you do not really need to include your Homecoming Queen award during your senior high years, especially if you are applying for a quality assurance position. In this example, a confident resume would indicate that you increased your site’s quality and CSAT scores by 50 percent in 3 months time. Do not write these achievements in paragraph form but rather in bullet points and make them short and simple and edgy.
- Keep content straight and to the point. Your resume should not contain any I, we or our statements. It is even highly recommended that you avoid using full sentences. As previously mentioned, it is better to use bullet points in your resumes. Keep all information short, smart and simple and never ever use flowery words or beat around the bush. These things can kill a resume. Number should be the only adjectives that you use because anything that can be quantified and measured in terms of achievements are considered standouts in a resume.
- Keywords are the other key. I already mentioned earlier that confidence is the key but keywords can also be keys to a great resume. I can assure your that the contents of your resume will not be read 100% so this is where we emphasize the use of significant keywords.
A concise resume is a good resume. It doesn’t have to be one page but the shorter it is, the better. Two pages would still be ok. Just make sure all content is relevant.
Read More Be a Painting Contractor in 7 Easy Steps
Before we proceed to the steps you take to be a painting contractor, let us first define what this job entails. A painting contractor is someone who does either exterior or interior painting of houses, offices and other sites. They may also do the following related services: wallpaper hanging, cleaning surfaces to be painted as well as preparing them and they may even offer floor services related to varnishing and whatnot.
If you are interested in a career as a painting contractor, here is what you can do:
• Education: Get a GED or high school diploma. Education is not as strict for painting contractors as it is for other careers but you do need some skills in customer service, mathematics and businesses, especially if your plan is to work as an independent painting contractor. If your plan is to work in a city or town where the majority are not native English speakers, it’ll be better for you to learn how to speak their primary language to get an edge in the clientele.
• Do a bit of homework with regard to what are the licensing requirements that painting contractors have to complete in the state where you are planning to work. The thing is, different states may have different requirements so before contacting clients and getting jobs, it is better to complete all requirements and you can check what they are with the state contractor’s board or go to the contractor’s license official website and check on particular laws of the state for this profession.
• Take some classes. Learning should be a never ending task for painting contractors, especially if you are a beginner. Take the following classes or courses: construction code, EPALRRP (about renovation, repair & painting) and business administration and other certification programs specifically made for painting contractors. Be sure to get transcripts of these courses as evidence that you have completed the prerequisites.
• Take and pass the certification exam for painting contractors for your state. Make the necessary preparations and scheduling. The exam is usually both written and practical. After passing, you are given about one to four years to complete other licensing requirements.
• Start completing all the legal documents and the business paperwork. You have to complete the ones for the city or town, the county and then the state. The one who will have the contractor’s license can be termed as the RMI or Responsible Managing Individual. If you are working independently, then you will be the RMI of your business.
• Pay the surety bond and get a liability insurance before your painting contractor obligations will go full swing. The amount needed for both should be reflected in the state contractor’s application.
• Finalize everything in the application of your state’s painting contractor license. Expect some background checks before approval as well as fingerprinting requests. You may also need to submit the following: training certificates, certificates of employment (if applicable), surety bond, test scores, liability insurance & state business forms. There will also be fees that need to be paid.
Read More Why Work in an Advertising Company?